Roles: Advertising Sales & Marketing Manager [Contract]
Application Deadline: May 23, 2014 [Extended]
The GATE, Toronto’s online entertainment magazine, is looking for an organized, outgoing, and energetic Advertising Sales and Marketing Manager for a contract position that will run for ten weeks in Toronto. Duties include updating advertising materials, developing a list of leads, and liasing with leads to secure new advertising agreements.
About the work:
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar position working with online publishers, and will have existing relationships with potential leads and advertising agencies.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma
- 2+ years experience in a related position
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to prioritize, work well under pressure, and to meet deadlines
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work remotely
- Update existing materials for potential advertisers
- Meet with leads and potential advertisers
- Compile a list of leads for long-term sales initiatives
- Assist with a small marketing campaign to promote The GATE
- Earn a weekly rate in addition to a sales commission
Length of Contract: 10 weeks
Work Location: Within Toronto
Travel Requirements: Some within city
Start Date: June 5, 2014
How to apply:
Send a cover letter, along with your résumé, and 1 to 3 references using the form below. Please, no calls or follow-up emails.
The GATE appreciates all applications submitted, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About The GATE:
Founded by W. Andrew Powell in 2000, this year marks The GATE’s 13th anniversary covering music, film, television, gaming, and local events. In that time, The GATE has enjoyed contributions from a number of journalists and authors, with coverage of numerous major festivals and events, including the Toronto International Film Festival, the Juno Awards, Canadian Music Week, North by Northeast, Sundance, E3, and CES, just to name a few.